Total Gym XLS Reviews: A Home Gym Backed by Chuck Norris Himself
Total Gym XLS is the result of nearly 20 years of innovation by Total Gym. XLS comes with videos that guide you through workout routines, six levels of resistance and the option to do over 80+ workouts on one machine.
And when you’re all done with your workout, you can fold the equipment up and hide it away.
What features does it offer? How can it benefit you? Let's find out.
Features and Benefits of the Total Gym XLS
- Six levels of resistance help you gradually increase your strength and allow you to keep challenging yourself for years to come.
- An upgrades cable and pulley system help add resistance through the entire range of motion.
- Nylon strap handles are flexible and won’t hurt your hands.
- Glideboard comes with head support and thick padding to make workouts comfortable.
- Capacity to perform over 80 workouts on a single piece of exercise equipment.
- 400-pound weight capacity allows users of all fitness levels to start their weight loss or fitness journey.
- Dimensions of 19″ W x 90″ L x 43″ H to fit in small and large rooms alike.
- Comes with an array of accessories, wall post of exercise and video library.
Special Features (Pros) of the Total Gym XLS:
Total Gym XLS even comes with Total Gym TV Basic, a streaming service versus the old DVD versions, that can help guide you through workouts. When you’re able to follow fitness instructors and professionals during a workout, you’ll see results faster and lower your risk of injury.
- Setup is almost nonexistent (read the full scoop in the next section). You won’t have to deal with a long or tedious setup process.
- Offers 80+ workouts and videos to help you get the most out of the Total Gym XLS. You'll be able to work your entire body, burn more calories and build muscle – all with one nicely folding machine.
- Folds up to allow it to be stored anywhere, from in your closet to under your bed or in the corner of the room.
Drawbacks (Cons) of the Total Gym XLS:
- People in the 6’2” or taller range may have difficulty using the machine because the sled becomes uncomfortable.
- There are the random complaints of a piece being broken upon receiving the unit, but the warranty will cover these issues.
Video: Total Gym XLS:
Video Credit: TotalGymDirect – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
Total Gym XLS Setup:
You can view the Total Gym XLS manual online and learn all about the assembly process yourself. But we’re going to make it as simple as possible for you: Total Gym XLS assembly doesn’t really exist with the newest model.
All of the Total Gym XLS parts come assembled, with the exception of attaching the board to the stand.
You can also fold the gym up and put it in the corner or a closet for easy storage. Folded dimensions are: 19” W x 51” L x 9” H – it can fit in even the smallest spaces. You can even tuck the XLS under your bed.
Unfolding is easy, and you’ll be able to start working out within minutes of unboxing the machine.
Total Gym XLS Workouts:
Full body workouts, like the ones you can perform on the XLS, engage major muscle groups and accessory muscles while helping you burn more calories for a longer period of time. The “after burn effect” is great for anyone trying to lose weight without having to run on the treadmill for an hour a day.
And for most people, it’s a lot more fun to use workout equipment then to stare at the wall on a cardio machine.
The Total Gym XLS accessories that come with each unit are:
- Ribbed squat stand, which is perfect for building leg strength.
- Wing attachment to work your upper body.
- Leg pull accessory to work hip flexors.
- Ankle cuffs to focus on your lower body even further.
Resistance is offered in six levels. This allows you to start at the lowest resistance level (perfect for high reps and toning) and move up to the highest resistance level to build muscle at lower reps.
But what if you’re new to working out? A lot of people are new to the workout from home movement because of gyms closing. Other people are also gravitating towards home gyms because they offer a one-time, cost effective means of staying in shape.
Total Gym comes with a few extras that help you make the most out of your equipment:
- Free video access to the Total Gym TV service, which helps guide you through your training. Hours of videos are available for all levels of fitness, from the beginner just starting on their fitness journey to the athlete that needs to go beyond the basics to build muscle and burn fat.
- Exercise wall chart that has 35 exercises listed to allow you to quickly glance over and change to a workout specific to your fitness goals. The chart is a nice addition to a home gym because it helps you vary your workout and hit muscles from different angles – essential for muscle growth.
- Nutritional program / meal planning guide that can help anyone follow a stricter diet to lose weight or reach their bulking goals. Nutrition is one of the most essential parts of fitness, and following a meal plan designed by Dan Isaacson can help you reach your goals even faster.
Total Gym XLS has all of the tools you need to build muscle and work your upper and lower body as well as your abdominals.
About the Total Gym XLS:
Total Gym specializes in at-home gym equipment. When you want to exercise and workout, you should have some equipment at home. When you choose Total Gym, you can work all muscle groups.
Do you know Chuck Norris or Christie Brinkley?
They both endorse Total Gym – it's that good. The company was first featured on television 19 years ago and is now in 4 million homes across the world. Total Gym started in rehabilitation centers, creating equipment that could help people rehab their way back from injuries.
Chuck Norris is so impressed with the Total Gym that he’s been using it as his main at-home gym for two decades. When one piece of equipment can work your entire body, you’re able to reshape your body faster and keep your heart rate up to burn more calories.
Through the years, the Total Gym has had numerous iterations, but the XLS is the latest and greatest version.
When it comes to quality, you need reassurance that your exercise equipment for home use is going to last. Total Gym backs all of their products, and as the company’s most popular home gym, this model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a six-month warranty on all of the parts.
All of the warranty information is available in the owner’s manual for easy reference.
Total Gym XLS Reviews: What Others are Saying?
You know that Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley both love this equipment, but what are other people saying? Do they like this product? Do they think they wasted their money? Let's find out.
- Sandy says, “Believe It!” She claims that the XLS is well-built. She has been using it for a few weeks, looks forward to her workouts and lost a staggering 8 pounds on the machine already.
- Jason says, “I will never regret this purchase.” A soldier for 20+ years, Jason hurt his back and knees, making it difficult to exercise. Total Gym takes the pressure off of his joints, allowing him to perform full body workouts without aggravating his injuries.
- RGS says, “Well-made, but imperfect.” This reviewer loves the quick setup and durability of their Total Gym, but they don’t like that there’s not smaller increments for resistance.
The overall sentiment is that the Total Gym is a great piece of exercise equipment, and the Total Gym XLS workouts are more than sufficient. Some users complain that the resistance is not high enough, and that they weren’t able to get a true “full body workout.”
While this equipment is great, it’s not meant for powerlifting by any means.
You'll be able to build muscle, tone muscle and burn fat, but you’re not going to become the world squat or deadlift champion with this equipment alone. You can definitely get creative, burn fat and really push your limits with the 80+ exercises available on Total Gym XLS.
If you're looking for a home gym under 1000 dollars, the Total Gym XLS price is perfect for your budget. The gym has a little bit of everything, from arm workouts to core and leg workouts, and the videos take the guesswork out of exercise.
The Total Gym XLS weight limit is 400 pounds, so it’s a strong and stable unit that anyone can use to enhance their strength, lose weight and tone up.
For 99% of users, and probably yourself included, Total Gym puts fitness back into your hands. The workouts can be fast enough that you get a full body workout in just 20 minutes, and since switching between exercises is easy, you’ll enjoy a HIIT workout in the process.
You'll burn more calories, gain muscle and reach your fitness goals faster with a Total Gym XLS in your home.
Compare to Other Home Gym Workout Machine
|Total Gym XLS Men/Women Universal Total Body Training Home Gym Workout Machine with Squat Stand, Leg Pull, 2 Ankle Cuffs, and Exercise Chart||Buy Now|
|Total Gym Fitness Fusion Full Body Workout Home Fitness Exercise Machine, Grey||Buy Now|
|Total Gym APEX G5 Versatile Indoor Home Workout Total Body Strength Training Fitness Equipment with 10 Levels of Resistance and Attachments||Buy Now|
|Total Gym APEX G3 Versatile Indoor Home Workout Total Body Strength Training Fitness Equipment with 8 Levels of Resistance and Attachments||Buy Now|
|Total Gym APEX G1 Versatile Indoor Home Workout Total Body Strength Training Fitness Equipment with 6 Levels of Resistance and Attachments||Buy Now|
|GR8FLEX High Performance Gym - Pearl White XL Model with Total Over 100 Workout Exercises||Buy Now|
|GR8FLEX High Performance Gym - Military XL Model with Total Over 100 Workout Exercises||Buy Now|